Moroccan Spiced Shrimp and Cucumber Salad
Welcome, shrimp lovers and health enthusiasts, to another delicious recipe on our healthy shrimp blog! Today, I am thrilled to share with you my mouthwatering Moroccan Spiced Shrimp and Cucumber Salad. Inspired by the vibrant flavors of Morocco, this dish is a delightful blend of spices, fresh shrimp, and crisp cucumbers. Not only is it bursting with flavor, but it also offers numerous health benefits. Shrimp is low in calories and high in protein, while cucumbers provide hydration and essential vitamins. So, let’s dive into this recipe and embark on a culinary adventure!
To make this refreshing Moroccan Spiced Shrimp and Cucumber Salad, you will need the following ingredients:
– 1 pound of large shrimp, peeled and deveined
– 2 teaspoons of ground cumin
– 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
– 1 teaspoon of sweet paprika
– 1/2 teaspoon of ground turmeric
– 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (adjust according to your spice preference)
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil, divided
– 2 English cucumbers, thinly sliced
– 1/4 cup of red onion, thinly sliced
– 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
– Juice of 1 lemon
– Salt and pepper to taste
Please note that these quantities are meant to serve four people.
Let’s start by marinating our shrimp with the vibrant Moroccan spices:
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the ground cumin, ground coriander, sweet paprika, ground turmeric, and cayenne pepper.
2. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
3. Add the spice mixture to the skillet and toast the spices for about a minute, or until fragrant. Be careful not to burn them.
4. Remove the skillet from the heat and transfer the spice blend to a bowl.
5. In the same skillet, heat another tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat.
6. Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until they turn pink and opaque.
7. Remove the cooked shrimp from the skillet and add them to the bowl with the Moroccan spice blend.
8. Toss the shrimp in the spices until they are evenly coated. Set aside to marinate while we prepare the cucumber salad.
Now, let me guide you through preparing the cucumber salad base:
1. In a large bowl, combine the thinly sliced English cucumbers and red onion.
2. Add the chopped cilantro leaves and drizzle the lemon juice over the cucumbers.
3. Season with salt and pepper according to your taste.
4. Toss everything together until the cucumbers are well coated with the lemon juice and seasoning.
Tip: For the best flavor, allow the cucumber salad to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes. This will enhance the infusion of flavors.
When it comes to cooking the shrimp, you have various options. You can grill, sauté, or even bake them. Choose the method that suits you best! Here’s a simple sautéing method:
1. In the same skillet used for toasting the spices earlier, heat a tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat.
2. Add the marinated shrimp to the skillet, making sure to spread them out in a single layer.
3. Cook the shrimp for 2-3 minutes per side, depending on the size, until they are cooked through and have a slight char.
4. Avoid overcooking the shrimp to maintain their juicy and tender texture.
Remember, perfectly cooked shrimp should be opaque with a blush of pink and slightly curled.
Now that our shrimp and cucumber salad are ready, it’s time to bring them together in a harmonious union:
1. Carefully transfer the cooked shrimp to the bowl of cucumber salad.
2. Gently toss the shrimp and cucumber salad together, ensuring even distribution of the Moroccan spices and lemony goodness.
3. Ensure that the shrimp and cucumbers are well combined, but be gentle to prevent smashing the cucumbers.
Presentation plays an important role in creating an appetizing dish. Feel free to arrange the salad on a platter or individual serving bowls. You can also sprinkle additional cilantro leaves on top for a pop of color and freshness.
Serving and Enjoying
Moroccan Spiced Shrimp and Cucumber Salad is a versatile dish that can be enjoyed on various occasions. Whether you’re hosting a summer barbecue, preparing a light lunch, or craving a refreshing dinner, this salad will make a delightful addition to your table.
Serve it as a main course paired with crusty artisan bread or as a side dish alongside grilled chicken or steak. This salad can also be a wonderful contribution to potlucks and parties. The vibrant colors and zesty flavors are sure to impress your guests.
As always, I love hearing about your experiences and adaptations of my recipes. Don’t hesitate to add your personal twist or share your feedback with me. Let’s continue the culinary adventure together!
In conclusion, our Moroccan Spiced Shrimp and Cucumber Salad is a perfect combination of exotic flavors, fresh ingredients, and health benefits. The Moroccan spice blend infuses the shrimp with a tantalizing aroma and mild heat, while the cucumber salad base provides a cooling and refreshing crunch. This dish is not only delicious but also low in calories and packed with nutrients.
Remember to explore more shrimp recipes on our blog, as we have a myriad of flavorful options to satisfy your cravings and cater to your dietary preferences.
So, gather your ingredients, put on your apron, and get ready to embark on a culinary adventure filled with delightful flavors and healthy choices. Enjoy the vibrant and refreshing Moroccan Spiced Shrimp and Cucumber Salad, shrimp lovers!
1. Moroccan shrimp recipe
2. Healthy shrimp salad
3. Cucumber salad with Moroccan spices
4. Spicy shrimp and cucumber salad
5. Easy Moroccan shrimp recipe
6. Grilled shrimp with Moroccan spices
7. Healthy seafood salad
8. Shrimp marinade recipe
9. Fresh cucumber salad
10. Moroccan cuisine-inspired recipes
11. Flavorful shrimp dishes
12. Healthy summer salads
13. Quick and easy seafood recipe
14. Moroccan spice blend for shrimp
15. Light and refreshing shrimp salad
16. Vibrant salad with shrimp and cucumber
17. Low-calorie shrimp recipe
18. Zesty shrimp salad
19. Exotic shrimp dishes
20. Moroccan-inspired appetizers.